Saturday 30 August 2008

OHH HOW I'VE MISSED YOU SO {make that ouch} Yes I am still here. For days now I've been longing to get on here and read what you've all been up to. Can't believe how much I missed you all. The last two days that was my mission but I just couldn't get up, so sore, so VERY sore. Well they couldn't take the growth without taking the whole ovary as it was to complicated. So I've been told while I was high as a kite on morphine, falling asleep then asking another question. Apparently they've taken a biopsy of it which will take about 14 days for results. I have to see the surgeon again in a month to see what happens next. I'm so hopping it's nothing and it can be left inside the ovary without bother. Just don't want to have to go through this again and I know my doctor definitely didn't want to take my ovary out if he didn't have to, being that I only have one. For all of you who've had stomach surgery you know what I'm talking about when I say I feel 9 months prego. My tummy is so blow up with all that gas so they can look at what they need to. Bother them!! Oh the pain of it all!!!! Anyway thank you so much for all you comments left. They really do brighten up a day, even on a good one. The boys have been great this past week. No fights or wrestles or anything. I've come to the conclusion that it's because I'm sitting around just being with them instead of rushing through the next job we have to tackle. It has been nice to sit back and have longer than usual to chat with each of them. Chayse keeps comming over and massaging my hair, Brodie is very concerned about my dressings etc telling me to call him when they need changing, Logan likes to snuggle with me getting his pillow and blanket out to keep me company and Parker is Parker always by my side or right behind. He's been very entertaining dancing for me as you'll see below. My mum has been a god sent being here all week to pick the boys up from school etc and just keep me company and that wonderful hubby of mine runs on energizer batteries never getting tired. He leaves at 5.30 in the morning then comes in at 7.15 to get the kids up and ready for school before going back to his busy day at 9. So lucky am I... Wonderful parents, wonderful friends (who send THE most beautiful flowers), wonderful boys and wonderful hubby (who right now has all the boys at Giggle and Bounce Playcentre so I have time to rest)............... WHO can rest when there's blogging to catch up on though!!!!!!!!!!! Love to all, hope this finds you and yours all well and that you are all having a chilaxing day. (relaxing and chilling out)

10 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm glad you got through the surgery OK, but will be thinking of you when the results come through. You will be just fine Kristen.
Sounds like you are doing well with those 5 handsome boys looking after you!
l,
Amanda xx

Tanya said...

Kristen, so glad the surgery is over for you, will be praying for a speedy recovery & for good results!!! Your boys (all 5 of them) are just beautiful, love the photos :) & in times like these where would we be without our mums!!!

take care,

sending lots of love & big (((hugs)))

Tanya xxxx

Kelly said...

What sweet boys you have to look out for their mom and to be so well behaved. Ouch on the surgery, I hope you recover quickly and do not need to have anymore!!

dani said...

you are so blessed to have your mum and 5 guys watching out for and over you, kristen...
i feel for you with all the air inside (that is usually more bothersome and painful than the actual surgery is). i hope it will subside soon!!!
i will pray that all will be well with your ovary so that you can keep it and need no more surgery!!! take care, my dear friend:)
love,
dani

Little Sweethearts said...

I hope you'll feel better soon and that you will not require any further surgery. It's good to see that all the men in your life are taking extra good care of you.

Get well soon.
Love,
Tania

Grammy Staffy said...

I am so glad to hear from you again. You have been in my prayers.
I hope that you will rest and give yourself time to really recover. Don't rush it.... all the work will still be there waiting for you... don't get back to work too soon.

I'm glad it is over and your mum and family are taking good care of you. We'll keep our fingers crossed that the biopsy results will be good news. Hugs, Lura

meganxxx said...

Yay for you you're back!!!

I am glad everything went well and i dearly hope there is no need for anymore surgeries.

Gotta love those boys-so cute taking such good care of their mumma!!
Hats off to Corey lightening your load for you and thank god for mums is all I can say!!

Take care, rest up

Love Meganxx

Elise said...

Hi Kristen

It's so wonderful to hear from you.

I am praying for a speedy recovery for you.

Your boys are beautiful, they are so caring and it sounds like they are doing a brilliant job taking care of you.

I hope as each day passes you feel better and the pain quickly subsides.

Thinking of you.

lots of love
Elise.

Emma-Kate Castricum said...

You know I keep putting off exploratory surgery for that exact reason. All that air inside you bloody kills and it takes ages for your stomach to go flat again. I keep going back to my gyno and telling him he can go in for a look around in another 3 months because I know what I'm in for.I've been putting him off since last November!
Have you tried taking degas? They really help. Hopefully they won't have to go back in and play around with your ovary again. I reackon it leaves your tummy like you've just had a baby for a few days because they blow you up so much, as if after a couple of kids you want those muscles stretched even more!

Feel better soon you poor love!

Em

4funboys said...

hope you're back on your feet soon... enjoy being taken care of!!!