Thursday 4 September 2008

BENIGN { ONE WORD, SO SIMPLE, SOOOO HAPPY } That one word says it all. My results say "no malignancy found 100% benign growth" I was told by my local doctor when I had my stitches out. Haven't spoken to my surgeon yet and don't see him for 2 weeks but don't care. I'm sooooo happy, sooooo relieved and really going to enjoy life more now. Funny how a scare does that to you. My doctor thinks they will just leave the cyst now as they have drained it so I could keep my ovary and hopefully it won't come back. Benign! Wow as I said before how lucky am I. I didn't tell you but I was wheeled into the theatre at 9.10 in the morning thinking at least I will be done quick and don't have to sit around.Well they put in in the room just outside the theatre and we waited. And waited and each nurse that waited with me said I don't know what the hold up is. Won't be long I told myself. HMM At 11.15 the next patient gets wheeled in next to me. We'd been chatting earlier while we got signed in.Geez you look great she said. "I haven't been in yet I said" Well she nearly died. I finally went in at 11.50 with lots of time to look at that white painted wall, trying not to be cold sitting there looking glorious with with leg warmers wrapped around each leg pumping up and down to keep the circulation going. I have never done so much thinking by myself those few hours . I told myself how I was really going to enjoy things more, especially my boys and take more time for myself. And that's what I'm going to do. I feel fantastic today and life is great. Hope your day is as good as mine (smiles)

14 comments:

dani said...

"BENIGN", that is a beautiful word, kristin, for a beauty filled woman, wife, and mother!!! i am thrilled and relieved for you my friend:D
celebrate the blessing and enjoy i all!!!
love,
dani

Kelly said...

Wonderfully, awesome news!!

Kat said...

Benign!!!! A fabulous word!!! YAY!!!!

Amanda said...

I'm so happy for you!!
Go and enjoy your lovely family even more now:)
love and hugs,
Amanda x

Little Sweethearts said...

I'm so happy for you!

Love,
Tania

Danielle said...

That is so so excellent.

The grass is greener today, the sun brighter. I hope you have lots of beautiful moments in the coming days.

Love

Danielle

Grammy Staffy said...

Your good news makes my day! I am so happy for you. Thank Goodness!

Sorry that you had such a long hard wait for the surgery....glad that it is all over and you have such good results.

meganxxx said...

Phew Kristen-that is a relief for you no doubt!

Your news made my day yesterday, I am so happy for you and your gorgeous boys that all is well.

Enjoy!

Meganxxx

dani said...

i meant, kristEn, ha!!! and benign is still a ROCKIN' word:D
l,
d

Elise said...

Oh Kristen, that is such a relief and wonderful news. I am so happy for you.

I know life will be sweeter for you now my friend.

lots of love
Elise

Shannon said...

Oh, I am so happy for you. What glorious news for your family. I can't imagine what the waiting must have been like. I'm sure your boys have been smothered in kisses for days. Now take it easy and get all healed up. I have missed you.

Emma-Kate Castricum said...

What great great GREAT news!

You must feel SO happy about it, maybe you can come to Melbourne to celebrate, I can help!!

Love em

Tanya said...

Hi there beautiful!!! that is wonderful news I'm sooooo happy for you yay!!!! It must be such a huge relief for you! definitely worth celebrating!!

take care :)

lots of love & (((hugs)))

tanya xxxxxx

Tabitha said...

Hi Kristen ~ Just popped over to catch up on your blog and I am just so pleased that everything is ok ~ I haven't checked in with you for a while ~ so I had no idea what you were going through. I am so so glad that you are going to be ok.
Sending you lots of love and hugs XXX